Latest and upcoming campaigns
There are several tobacco control campaigns, both regional and national that we can all use to encourage people to make a quit attempt. Please use them to promote your organisations tobacco control efforts and to signpost smokers to the Local Stop Smoking Services.
- Stoptober – 1st to 28th October 2019. Supporting smokers to stop smoking for 28 days makes them five times more likely to stay smokefree for good.
- National No Smoking Day – 12th March 2020 help as many people as possible to quit.
- World No Tobacco Day – 31st May 2020. World Health Organisation (WHO) – Fighting the global tobacco epidemic.
Local tobacco control workstreams
- Stop illegal tobacco – Find out how you can help to reduce the impact of illegal tobacco supplies in our local communities.
- Smoking related fires – Help to reduce the occurrence of smoking-related fires in Devon.
Resources to promote national campaigns can be accessed via the Public Health England Resources website