Smokers are up to four times more likely to quit with pharmacotherapy coupled with behavioural support from Stop Smoking Services (SSS). SSS practitioners operate in variety of locations within Devon including the Specialist Stop Smoking service, GP surgeries, pharmacies and other settings.
All Stop Smoking Services should:
- Support people to quit smoking and achieve a quit rate outlined within their service specification.
- Offer the most effective evidence-based treatment available
- Achieve high levels of client satisfaction
- Offer a choice of treatment options
Levels of Smoking Cessation Support
There are several levels of smoking cessation support within Devon:
Level 1 = Very Brief Advice – ASK ADVISE ACT
This level can be carried out by anyone in contact with smokers to encourage them to get support to quit. More information and online training is available here.
Level 2 = Community Smoking Cessation Advisors
Individuals providing this level of support have undertaken a Stop Smoking Practitioner course. Advisors operate within GP practices, pharmacies, other community settings, and via OneSmallStep telephone support.
* Local Stop Smoking Services can be found via Pinpoint www.pinpointdevon.co.uk
* OneSmallStep Healthy Lifestyle Service contact details: 01392 908139 email@example.com
Level 3 = Specialist Stop Smoking Support
Advisors offering this level of support operate within the specialist stop smoking team, part of the OneSmallStep Healthy Lifestyle Service. This service work with targeted populations, e.g. pregnant women, mental health service users, unemployed.
If you have queries please contact Public Health on firstname.lastname@example.org