It is important for pharmacies in Devon to provide a high quality, accessible stop smoking service for their clients. Please use this page to find information about smoking cessation support in pharmacy settings including: Stop Smoking Service training, downloads of service specifications, NRT log forms, monitoring forms and guidance.
Stop Smoking Service Training
Pharmacies can access stop smoking service training including Level 2 Stop Smoking Practioner training and Level 2 refresher training here.
Please note – at least one stop smoking adviser must attend the refresher training each year.
Useful information for current providers of Stop Smoking Services in pharmacy settings:
- All activity data is to be submitted quarterly using PharmOutcomes
- If you need to recalibrate or order a new CO monitor, please contact Solutions4Health at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the Level 2 Pharmacy Stop Smoking Service Specification [Latest version: 1st April 2018 – 31 March 2019]
Resources which may be helpful for stop smoking service consultations (but not to be returned to Public Health Devon):
- Pharmacy short Monitoring Form 2017-18 (please note Public Health Devon no longer accept paper monitoring forms)
- NRT Client Log
- GP Surgeries in Devon that prescribe stop smoking medications 2017-18
- Letter of Request Champix 2017-18
- Letter of Request Zyban 2017-18
- Outcome of Quit Attempt 2017 Letter to GP
- Pharmacy Toolkit – week by week guidance 2017-18
- NRT permitted Devon NHS Community Stop Smoking Services Revised v3 as at March 2015
Latest campaigns and resources
Find out more about the latest local and national campaigns that you can promote to your local community.
How can my pharmacy get involved in providing a stop smoking service?
To find out more about providing a stop smoking service in your pharmacy, please contact Public Health on email@example.com